Virtual Learning Program Options, K-5
ECS is proud to offer two K-5 virtual learning program options to meet the needs of students and families learning from home. Students in our virtual programs are offered concurrent learning opportunities, allowing them to engage in live class lessons with their in-person classmates. Students will engage daily with teachers and classmates through live instruction, small group meetings, and virtual Chapel. Students enrolled in Virtual-ECS participate in core and specialist lessons along with science and social studies, while those in Virtual ECS Flex focus on the core lessons of reading, writing, math and Bible. Students in both programs will enjoy lunch time and field trips with their virtual classmates.
Ideal for families desiring a full school day experience for their at-home students.
Ideal for families desiring a more flexible, shorter online school experience for their at-home students.
Additional Details of our Virtual-ECS Programs
- Concurrent Program: Students learning from home virtually attend live class instruction time with on-campus students.
- Combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities:
- Synchronous learning: Live video lessons, large and small group meetings, virtual field trips, and live Chapel.
- Asynchronous learning: Lessons that kids can access at anytime through prerecorded videos and other digital learning content made available.
- Uniform Learning Platform: Microsoft Teams is our selected platform for all grade levels to ensure a consistent high-quality learning program.
- Daily Live Instruction: Students will receive 12-15 hours of live instruction sessions from their grade level teachers and may also participate in an additional 4 hours of live Chapel, PE, music, and art per week.
- Grade Level Teaching Teams: Within each grade level teachers share the online and on-campus teaching responsibilities.